Microsoft PowerBI Fundamentals Course
Do you want to upskill yourself in Microsoft’s PowerBI platform? Are you struggling to bridge the gap between data and decision-making, or do you find it difficult to consolidate various data sources into a single, meaningful dashboard or report? Then this course is for you!
At Moyo Data Academy, we regard ourselves as astute data people. Our facilitators are experts in their respective disciplines. Apart from being exceptional trainers, they have vast experience in their respective fields of expertise. Our extensive knowledge of the intricate layers of the data world enables us to impart real understanding of how the entire data process works, before delving into the
detailed functionalities of a specific programme or system. This holistic approach to data training has elevated us to be a leading training facility.
Trusted Industry leader Gartner recognizes Microsoft as a Leader for the thirteenth consecutive year in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
During this course you will be equipped on how to connect disparate data sets, transform and clean the data into a data model and create charts or graphs to provide visuals of the data.
This course is designed for beginner to intermediate-level Power BI Corporate Teams. We accommodate groups between 1 and 12 users. It is for anyone who works with data. This course will
show you how to link and model data in Power BI and create visual reports that reveal data insights. Although the Power BI desktop client will be the primary focus, an introduction to the Power BI web app will also be provided.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the components of Power BI
- Work with Power BI files
- Connect to data sources with the Power BI desktop client
- Create a report with visualizations (the range includes Matrixes, Tables, Charts, Maps, Gauges, Cards, KPIs and Slicers)
- Work with your visualization
- Transform and sanitize data
- Use the query editor
- Model data and manage relationships
- Manage report pages
- Change report view options
- Add static objects to a report
- Describe how to use the Power BI web app
Topics covered during the course include:
- An Introduction to Power BI
- Working with Power BI Desktop Files
- Connecting to Data Sources with Power BI Desktop
- Creating a Report with Visualisations
- Doing More with Visualisations
Working with Data
- Transforming and Sanitizing Data
- Using the Query Editor
- Data Modelling
- Managing Relationships
Working with Reports and Visualisations
- Managing Report Pages
- Changing Report View Options
- Working with Visualisations
- Adding Static Objects to a Report
- A Closer Look at Visualisations
- Matrixes, Tables, and Charts / Maps / Cards, Gauges, and KPIs /Slicers
- Introduction to the Power BI Web App
- Connecting to Data Sources with the Power BI Web App
What is Included?:
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources
folder containing Power BI workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
2 x 8 hours facilitated virtually
- Microsoft Teams
- Power BI Desktop Free Version installed