Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals
Are you looking for a tool that can transform you data into powerful visualisations by applying important concepts and techniques then the Tableau Desktop 1 Fundamentals course is for you!
At Moyo Hodari, we regard ourselves as astute data people. Our facilitators are experts in their respective disciplines. Apart from being exceptional trainers, they have vast experience in their respective fields of expertise. Our extensive knowledge of the intricate layers of the data world enables us to impart real understanding of how the entire data process works, before delving into the detailed functionalities of a specific programme or system. This holistic approach to data training has elevated us to be a leading training facility.
During this introductory course, you will Learn core Desktop skills and gain a thorough introduction to data analysis and visual design and learn how build views and interactive dashboards. This an official training course for Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification.
“For the eighth consecutive year, Tableau is positioned as a Leader on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms. In a time of incredible growth, market evolution, and increased customer expectations, Tableau has scaled to meet the needs of the data-driven enterprise with customer-focused innovation and platform expansion”
Moyo Hodari is the only certified Tableau training partner in Africa. Moyo Hodari has skilled and expert level facilitators who are actively consulting on day to day basis to ensure they stay relevant with new market trends and techniques. All our facilitators have successfully completed the tableau train-the-trainer exams.
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
At the end of this course, you should be able to
- Connect to your Data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Design dashboards and stories using visual best practices
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat Maps
- Tree Maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
What is Included?:
The course material includes a workbook that contains key concepts on each topic covered, as well as hands-on activities to further reinforce your skills and knowledge and enhance your learning experience. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
Are you ready to step into the future with a brand-new set of skills and insights?
Virtual Two Days Course presented over 5 days
Tableau Desktop installed.