Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate
Just completed your Tableau Desktop I – Fundamentals? Want to gain more in depth knowledge of how Tableau can transform your data to powerful data stories? Then this course is for you!
At Moyo Hodari, we regard ourselves as astute data people. Our facilitators are experts in their respective disciplines. Apart from being exceptional trainers, they have vast experience in their respective fields of expertise. Our extensive knowledge of the intricate layers of the data world enables us to impart real understanding of how the entire data process works, before delving into the detailed functionalities of a specific programme or system. This holistic approach to data training has elevated us to be a leading training facility.
This course will provide you with the skills to become a Tableau power user. During this course you will learn how to build complex chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate your data.
“For the eighth consecutive year, Tableau is positioned as a Leader on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms. In a time of incredible growth, market evolution, and increased customer expectations, Tableau has scaled to meet the needs of the data-driven enterprise with customer-focused innovation and platform expansion”
Moyo Hodari is the only certified Tableau training partner in Africa. Moyo Hodari has skilled and expert level facilitators who are actively consulting on day to day basis to ensure they stay relevant with new market trends and techniques. All our facilitators have successfully completed the tableau train-the-trainer exams.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Build more complex chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
- Creating and connecting to data sources
- Defining subsets of your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Data extracts
- Comparing measures
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories.
What is Included?:
The course material includes a workbook that contains key concepts on each topic covered, as well as hands-on activities to further reinforce your skills and knowledge and enhance your learning experience. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
Are you ready to step into the future with a brand-new set of skills and insights?
Virtual Two Days Course presented over 5 days.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
Tableau Desktop installed.